Your Inner child
“The game of life is a game of boomerangs. Our thoughts, deeds and words return to us sooner or later with astounding accuracy.”
All the power to create the life you want to live is within you. Your ‘Inner Child’ is the second major tool to unlocking these powerful gifts. Who is your Inner Child and what does this child do?
In life, you work with not only your conscious mind, which is basically your awareness right now, but also with your subconscious mind. Your subconscious mind has an extremely important role to play in you creating your own reality. It is like a huge computer with enormous capacity that runs over 90% of your mind and body without you even knowing it. When was the last time you thought about breathing, or beating your heart, or even turning a page of this journal? Furthermore, this computer stores all your ‘files’, your memories, everything that has ever happened to you and, believe it or not, you have access to this information.
Within this subconscious mind, where all our memory is stored, are the positive and the negative sides of the child we once were. Acknowledging this ‘child inside’ and comforting her/his fears helps you to resolve any negative childhood experiences or emotions which might still trigger you and hold you back in your adult life.
For example, you may want a particular job but something inside you feels ‘not good enough’. By working with your inner child, you can figure out why you feel this way and ultimately move beyond it. Instead of this inner child ‘dragging on your trouser leg’, kicking and screaming with lack of confidence or insecurity, you can lead your child to a better feeling place and from there create more joy, happiness, health, wealth or abundance which, after all is your birth-right. We’ll expand on this as the journal continues.
In effect, you can ‘reparent’ this inner child of yours, teaching her/him confidence, strength and personal power. You can give your inner child a sense of security, allowing this child to express all the gifts she/he possesses with freedom and creativity in a safe and loving environment.
Some things your Inner Child reacts to and loves:
– Your subconscious/Inner Child loves repetition, forming endless patterns or thought loops. These loops can either be positive or negative and it is worth noting your child cannot tell the difference.
– Your Inner Child loves a feeling, any feeling, so conjuring up positive feelings helps you to re-programme your subconscious/Inner Child.
– Your Inner Child adores imagination and visualisation. Think back to when you actually were a child and how you loved to daydream.
– Your Inner Child is directed by your positive or negative internal chatter
– You can positively programme your Inner Child out of old thought patterns within 28-66 days. The new pattern will then become your new automatic response.
Below are the 5 tools that you will be utilizing in this Book of Your Life to activate and program your Inner Child/subconscious mind to deliberately create the life you want to live:
– Speaking to your Inner Child using positive affirmations with feeling.
– Holding your Inner Child’s hand as you step away from fear
– Allowing the child within to use her/his gifts and imagine, play, draw and write
There is a recorded visualisation on my website for you called ‘The Inner Child’. Why not now listen to it? It’ll help you connect to your own precious child within.